With our Pro Stores, you can sell digital and physical products, manage inventory and shipping, take secure payments, and sort taxes automatically. Whether you’re selling one product, one product with many options, or hundreds of products, we give you total control.
Before adding products it is important to understand the types of products available, categories, tags, and attributes associated with your products.
To add a product, from your dashboard, click on the Products tab from the main menu, then click the Add New button.
Title and Description
Enter a product Title and Description: Add the full product description here (you can add a shorter one later).
In the Product Data panel, select the Product Type, downloadable (digital) or virtual (service) if applicable. The Product Type selected will determine what options are available.
- General - set the Regular and Sales price (if any)
- Inventory - set the SKU and stock information.
- Shipping - set weight and dimensions.
- Linked Products - set Upsells and Cross-sells.
Product Short Description
Add short description. This typically appears next to product imagery on the listing page, and the long description appears in the Product Description tab.
Place a check in each of the categories that the product fits into. If you have not set up Categories, please see this KB.
Add the tags that relate to your product.
The Product Image is the main image for your product and is reused in different sizes across your store.
To add an image, select Set Product Image.
Select an existing image in your Media Library or Upload a new one.
Remove and Edit the product image if you’d like to change it, as needed.
Product galleries display all images attached to a product through the Product Gallery meta box.
- Create a Product Gallery, click Add product gallery images.
- Select an existing image in your Media Library or Upload a new one.
- Images in the product gallery can be re-ordered easily via drag and drop. Simply re-order your images by moving them around.
- To remove an image from the product gallery, hover over the image and click on the red “x.”
There are many options and variables in setting up a product depending on what you are selling. Here we have gone over the basics of setting up a product. For full details about WooCommerce Products, please see this FAQ.