In this article, we will go over the basics of setting up your eCommerce store settings.
While most of this has been set up for you, it is good to know where things are should you want to make updates.
NOTE: Only advanced administrators will have access to these settings. DoJiggy will make sure all these setting are correct for you in most cases, however if you are familiar with WooCommerce Settings and want access, just reach out to our Support team for access. In most cases, you can now skip to Step 3: Adding Products to your Pro Store
To start, click on the WooCommerce->Settings tab from your admin dashboard. This opens the Settings page with the following tab sections.
- General - Add the location of your store, where you will be selling and shipping to. Choose tax and coupon settings and Currency options.
- Products - Select your shopping page. Set settings for products and how they are displayed, including image sizes, inventory and downloadable product settings. Here you can control checkout settings, select units of measurement, and enable/disable product reviews and ratings.
- Payments - Installed gateways are listed and can be dragged and dropped to control the order in which they display to customers on the checkout. Click here for information about Setting up Payment Processing.
- Accounts & Privacy - On this tab is used to control options relating to customer accounts and data retention. Select the options that are best suited to your needs.
- Emails - Options available to edit email settings and templates. It is possible to configure the settings for each WooCommerce email listed. But the most important thing here is setting up the Sender and Template options.
- Advanced - Advanced settings allow you to change defaults so WooCommerce knows where to send users to perform certain actions.
For instructions on how to complete the fields in each section, please see Configuring WooCommerce Settings for details.