How do I initiate a refund with PayPal Checkout? You would like to know how to make a refund for a transaction made through your PayPal account.
Refund from the DoJiggy Dashboard
To make a Full or Partial refund, follow these steps:
- Go to Reports->Orders and view the order by clicking the order number or Action, View
- In the Payment History section after the Payment Reference, click the Refund button
- Enter a Reason for the refund
- Check whether Full or Partial, if Partial, enter the amount to refund
- Click the Refund button to confirm
Note: If the original charge underwent currency conversion, the refunded amount converts back using the same process. There are no fees to refund a charge, but the fees from the original charge aren’t returned.
PayPal will submit refund requests to the customer’s bank or card issuer. The customer sees the refund as a credit approximately 5-10 business days later, depending upon the bank. Refunds can’t be canceled after they’re issued. Disputes and chargebacks aren’t possible on credit card charges that are fully refunded.
Issue a Refund from the PayPal Dashboard
- In the Notifications area, click on the Payment title
- Click the Issue Refund button at the top right
- Enter the amount of the refund, then click Issue Refund