You wish to clone an event, creating a replica of your website for your new event while maintaining historical order and participant data.
Event cloning allows event administrators to clone their existing events into a new, duplicate copy. You can then easily modify the new website while maintaining historical access to the original one. Your event participants & orders will not be cloned - only your website is cloned.
To clone an event, simply goto Events -> Settings and hit the 'Clone this event' link. Complete the new event name and subhost name. The subhost name is required, and will be a part of your new website URL. The subhost name will be the second part of your event website address. Example: http://hostname.year.golfreg.com. The year is the "Subhost name*".
NOTE: For those who have more than one active event and want to clone:
1. Go to Events -> Overview. If you have more than one event there, you may also wish to change the 'Default Event' setting to yes on your new event from Events -> Settings, Advanced Settings.
2. You may first have to deactivate an event to make room for a new event. To do so, click on Events -> Settings, Advanced Settings and change the field titled 'Event Active?' from yes to no. Hit 'Update'. This will deactivate your old event, so that it is not visible to the public. However, it is still available from Events -> Overview, by selecting 'Show Inactive' button. Next, go into your Inactive Event (from the Events Overview), and go to Events -> Settings. At the top, you will see 'Clone this Event'. Hit that button, rename your event, and create a subhostname.
What is cloned?
Here's a complete list of what is cloned:
- Website pages and images. NOTE: Personal fundraising pages for event participants will NOT be cloned.
- Information in Tools -> Payment Settings (payment processing)
- If you are a DoJiggy Paymens by WePay client, you will need to Create a New Payment Account after you clone.
- Website settings
- Promotion Codes
- Custom messages & emails
- Pledge -> Settings functions
- Donation plan (for Donations subscriptions)
* The subhost name is always required but really only critical if you have two events running simultaneously. If you have only one event, it is the default event and your website, regardless of the subhost name, will resolve to http://HOSTNAME.dojiggy.com/