You want to configure your website to accept funds with PayPal (Website Payments Standard).
Your PayPal account is integrated with your website from Tools -> Payment Settings.
- Select the PayPal box in Payment Methods. Do not check any credit card type here (ie Visa). You may include other non-credit card payment options (ie check) by checking their respective boxes.
- Select the PayPal option from the Payment Processor selection box.
- Then, enter your Primary PayPal email address into the Payment Processor ID field. Press Update.
NOTE: Using a secondary email address will cause issues - it must be the primary email address on file with PayPal.
- Please also see the FAQ article called 'How do I Configure PayPal so that I receive Instant Payment Notification messages?' for instructions on how to setup your PayPal account
- Make sure you run a transaction for testing purposes before going live.