How do I use promotion codes? You would like to offer no cost or reduced rate registrations or purchases, to be used on your website.
Promotion codes are used to give sponsors, VIPs, staff and others a coupon for a no-charge or discounted registration or purchase. Administrators can create and distribute promotion codes and constituents can use them later on your website.
When you have active promotion codes, the promotion code box will automatically appear on the Shopping Cart.
Generating Promotion Codes
When you generate promotion codes, they are comprised of the Promo Code Prefix you provide, followed by a randomly generated 4 digit number – e.g. GOLD1045. These numbers will not be in sequence, and will be random. The reason they are random is to make it hard for people to guess promotion codes; this feature makes sure they are more secure.
Complete the following fields at Tools -> Promotion Codes:
- Promo Code Prefix - Use a Promo Prefix (up to 6 characters) that relates to the package or purpose for the promotion (ie GOLD).
- Quantity - Enter the quantity of promotion codes available. You may enter Unlimited if you wish to use the promotion code in your marketing materials to a larger audience.
- Amount - Enter the amount (value) of the promotion. This the total discount amount and is applied to the entire order. It cannot be earmarked for a specific product.
- Reserved Spaces (each) - This is the number of registration spaces this promo code reserves in an event. It can be used for capacity planning. Leave blank if this promo code is not registration capacity related.
- Expiration Date - Enter the Expiration Date of promotion code. ie: mm/dd/yyyy 00:00 AM
- Recipient Email - By using this field, the intended recipient will receive a message with the promo codes by email – only use this feature after you have tested it yourself, and only if you are sending all of the codes to the same person. If you don’t use this feature, you can email the codes later.
- Assigned to Sponsor – Optional Field - use this field if you want to tie each code to an actual sponsor, for tracking purposes. This is not usually needed.
- Sponsorship Package – Optional Field - Select a Sponsorship category if applicable if you want to tie each code to an actual sponsorship package.
- Active - Select Yes or No to determine if the promo code is active and can be used.
Using Promotion Codes for Sponsors
If a sponsor pays online, they can enter their included team information at the time of registration. Promo codes are often distributed to sponsors who have not paid online or do not have golfer information when they pay online. If you have a sponsorship package that includes free individual or foursome registration, you can also generate a promo code and ask the sponsor to return to your website when they have golfer information ready. When doing this, keep in mind that if you are utilizing the event capacity feature, your system will reserve a registration spot for promotion codes.