How can I create a thumbnail that expands to a larger image? You want to give your users the ability to expand an image (i.e. a map). Is there a way to do this?
You can do this by uploading an image and then creating a link to it, either a text link or a thumbnail link.
To begin, you will want to upload your image:
Uploading an Image
- To upload an image from your Admin Area, go to Website -> Pages, and click on Edit next to the page you wish to add an image to.
- Next, press the image tool icon This will open the Image Properties box.
- Click Upload.
- Click Browse to search your computer for the file you wish to use. Once you find it, click on it.
- Click to 'Send it to the server'
- This will automatically place a URL in the box.
- Click OK
Now that you have uploaded your image, you need to find its link.
Locating an Image Link
Once you send an image to the server, you will see the image URL in step #6 above. Copy this link and put it in a safe place. You'll be using it in a moment.
If you want to use an image that you have previously uploaded, you can find the image URL by following these steps:
- Opening the Image Properties box by pressing the image tool icon
- Click on Browse server to see the files that have been uploaded.
- Place your mouse over the image and right click to View
4. This will open your image in a new window.
5. Right click the image again and select Copy Image Location
6. Copy this URL and put it in a safe place for later use.
Creating a Link
Finally, you will want to link to this image. Use the image URL you've copied and pasted to create the link
To create links, follow these instructions:
From Website -> Pages, then click on 'edit' for the page you wish to insert a link on.
Highlight the image or the text you wish to link to the larger image.
Click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button on the tool bar.
Make sure that you do not have pop-ups blocked. If so, please hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the Insert/Edit Link item, or disable the pop-up blocker.
Enter the image URL you have copied and saved into the URL field.
Press OK at the bottom of the Link box.
Update the page.
If you want the image to open in a new window, then click on Target tab before pressing OK. Set the Target to New Window (_blank) and then press OK.