How do I Disable Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages? You have received an email Subject: Paypal IPN is not properly configured and you would like to know how to resolve the problem.
DoJiggy clients that were previously using the PayPal Standard connection were required to manually configure Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) in order for PayPal to automatically update order status in DoJiggy. With the new PayPal Checkout connection, manually configuring IPN's is no longer required, and in many cases, the old IPN's need to be removed or disabled.
In order to disable this function, you must configure your PayPal Selling Preferences as below:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Turn off IPNs by doing the following: Click the settings icon at the top of your PayPal account page and then click Account Settings.
- On the Notifications page, click the Update link for the Instant payment notifications item.
- Click Choose IPN Settings to specify your listener's URL and deactivate the listener. The following page opens:
- In the Notification URL box, DELETE the URL
- Move your radio button to Do not receive IPN Messages (Disabled).
- Click Save.