You have created a customized website theme, or made minor cosmetic changes using the Site Theme Designer, and saved the changes, but the changes are not reflected when you view your website.
There are a few things that might cause this to happen.
Private Domain: If you are using a Private Domain, the Site Theme Designer will not be able to save the changes for your website. If you are using a Private Domain, follow these instructions.
- Remove the Private Domain Name by going to Website->Settings, copy the URL (so you can put it back) then delete it, click Update.
- Then, follow the Best Practices steps below to make your changes.
- Once you are happy with your customized theme you can add the Private Domain Name back.
Best practice when using the Site Theme Designer.
NOTE: The most reliable browsers to use are Chrome and Firefox. We experience more issues with IExplorer than any others.
- Open the Site Theme Designer from Website->Settings.
- The designer will open in a new window, make your changes and click the Save button at the bottom of the designer window.
- Close the browser window that the designer was open in.
- From your admin Dashboard, go to Events->Overview and click the event name again to reload it in your Dashboard.
- Click the View Website link in the upper right corner of your Dashboard. The changes you made should be visible now.
If you are still not able to see the changes you have made, there may be cache issues.
- First try pressing the Ctrl+F5 keys while you are on the page you wish to view, to refresh the browser. Changes should come up.
- If that still fails, press the Ctrl+Shift+Delete keys to clear the cache and cookies using the browser's removal options.